Peter E. Hildebrand
Emeritus: Professor Emeritus
Farming systems, limited resource rural livelihood systems, economics of small-scale, family farms
Lived and worked professionally 15 years in Pakistan (2+), Colombia (5+), El Salvador (2+), Guatemala (5+). Professional work in 33 countries. Director of UF/IFAS International Programs 1999-2003.
Honors and Awards
- Named to a group of 60 U.S. citizens and institutions who have contributed most to the progress of agriculture in the Americas by the InterAmerican Institute for Cooperation in Agriculture
- IICA, to celebrate their 60th anniversary (2003).
- University of Florida, College of Agriculture Graduate Teacher and Advisor of the Year, 1996-97.
- Peter E. Hildebrand
P.O. Box 110240 IFAS
Gainesville, FL 32611-0240
- B.S. 1955, Animal Science, Colorado State University
- M.S., 1956, Economics, Colorado State University; PhD 1959, Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University
- Farming systems research and extension methods
- Economic analysis in small-scale farm livelihood systems