Honors & University Scholars Program
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Honors Program
The CALS Honors Program is the only formal upper division Honors program at the University of Florida. It is for students who have:
- Declared a major in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Accumulated at least 60 credits toward graduation
- A 3.75 or greater overall Upper-Division GPA
See the admission and graduation requirements of the program. CALS Honors coursework is identified as such on the transcript. Students that successfully complete the CALS Honors Program are designated as CALS Honors Scholars, and receive a Scholars Medallion and certificate. Successful completion of the CALS Honors program (GPA, courses, and thesis) automatically qualifies students for graduation from UF with magna cum laude or summa cum laude honors.
Graduating with UF Honors
Any UF student may graduate with "Honors" (cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude) provided they have met the following:
- cum laude (with honors) - a 3.5 minimum upper-division GPA
- magna cum laude (with high honors) - a 3.75 minimum upper-division GPA PLUS an Honors Thesis.
- summa cum laude (with highest honors) - a 3.85 minimum upper-division GPA PLUS an Honors Thesis.